Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Long day, good day, big win!

Today was a bit different day for me. I got up at 6 and fed Creighton and then got ready for the day and was out the door by 6:40 and got breakfast and was at the court house before 7a. I sat outside in the cold until 7:50(yes, the first morning of fall! ) how on earth would I really know, it could always be that cold at the hour, but I AM NEVER EVER OUT then. I was blessed by the sunrise (which I never usually see) and I did my bible study before I even left (did it while I pumped, since Jeff was sleeping I couldn't use the computer :)). Well, as we were entering, the very grumpy lady informed us the judge wouldn't be in today, so we'd have to reschedule or come back on Thursday if we needed to see him. (um, who comes to court that DOESN'T need to see the judge?) So, I was THE first one there and sat outside FOREVER in the cold, for nada! I have to REDO it on Thursday morning.

Anyway, I made it to bible study and that went well for the most part, and then on the way home I decided I needed to take advantage of the cooler weather and take my kids to the park...so we went and met Kara and the girls there...and there were lots of other mommies and kids there too...some I knew, some not. It was going great. It was the first time I can remember going to the park and not having to keep my eye on Jackson and help him constantly...he was fine to be "a big boy" and I watched Creighton...it is so much easier only having to "hawk" one of them instead of two at the same time. Things were going great, until Jackson fell and accidentally got ran over by a stroller at the same time (it is TOTALLY okay Casey! :)) I thought he just hurt his hand, but he dislocated his elbow, AGAIN! I knew he was more susceptible to doing it again because he just did it recently. It was as if I was torturing the kid to get his arm in and out of the carseat...I thought I was going to have to leave him in there at home, because he just wailed in pain every time I tried to move it. But eventually he moved in a certain way (after lots of tylenol) and it must have relocated itself because he was fine, and now you wouldn't even know! Weird...glad that I didn't have to take him to the Dr. since we are going tomorrow though!

Both kids took a nap at the same time after lunch and I got a small 30 minute half nap/rest which was nice and then I darted off to the gym. I half expected us to lose because I had heard that Jenks was really good this year...and that being my alma mater and such....I just wasn't sure, but my girls showed up, and showed up ready....they beat them in 2, even with my second string in the second game! That was nice. JV pulled off a win in 3, but Varsity lost in 3 and one of the Seniors quit after the match! It was so silly all of that drama....good ridence is what I have to say...I don't like quiters much...needless to say I am disappointed in her decision, but ceratainly think that now that an attitude is gone, maybe we'll do something better than what we've done!

So we are now 6-7 on the season and that is great news! They actually looked good tonight too! I am tired though, so I am excited its only 10 and hopefully I will get to sleep tonight!

Oh yes, my husband....he's wonderful. He managed to make it to the game...with both kids, alive, dressed and with a poster cheering me on in hand. He stayed the ENTIRE evening...with both kids...Creighton fell asleep during the last game of Varsity match, only goodness knows how the crowd was screaming so loud the whole time...but she was PASSED OUT! He is pretty amazing...

3 comments:

Becky said...

I'm so glad you had a good day - Brent got your email. I figured you were at practice or a game when I called, but I thought I would try anyway!

Angel said...

good days are great. i hope jackson is ok. what a tough kid. have fun thursday at the cthse. you are blessed.

Courtney said...

angel what is cthse and also, why can't i comment on your blog...like for days its been like that!?