Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Medical Craziness--Creighton!

My sweet baby girl is not well! She has an ear infection still...this is our 3rd round of antibiodics for her. This is the 5th visit to the doctor for her in 1 month. This time we came home with LOADS of medicine and "advice" to help her. She isn't eating, sleeping, and continues to scream with fury in the night!
It seems the doctor thinks she has GERD, reflux, asthma, ear infection, teething, gas, allergies and because of the latter, a runny nose, stuffy nose, cough, chest congestion--and lets not forget when she coughs she pukes! OH MY GOODNESSS>....

REALLY?!!?

She is on SO much medicine it CANNOT be healthy. I am "drugging" her with something all day now and for how long, I have no idea. She is on tylenol/motrin for pain, mylanta for gas and upset stomach, prevacid for GERD/relux, xopenex for asthma/chest congestion, antibiodic for ear infection, allegra for allergies, and one other med for relux/tummy/help her sleep called Levscon...really?! Can this be healthy for my 10 month old?

3 comments:

Maria said...

You might try a chiropractor. If her alignment isn't right, her ears won't drain properly and then you have problems. I see a great one, but he's in Tulsa, where I take The Boy. It might be worth it!

Angel said...

sorry you are dealing with sick kids- it is tough, but you are strong and will come out of this stronger.
how is the work out going?

Lori said...

I have a soon to be one year old (Oct. 5th) and like you am in the throws of teething! She was a late teether as well....we have a half of a tooth and one more trying to push through. IT IS NO FUN. We are having the stomach issues that go along with teething and that is what I HATE THE MOST. I don't think I can change one more blow out! Hangth in there...this to shall pass :)