Monday, January 7, 2008

Christmas 2007

This is how exciting our Christmas was and also how excited we are to be home! (scary face by me).

We went to my Dad and Mom's on Friday the 21st for Christmas with them and my brother and his girlfriend Lacy! (they got Jeff and I some cool books...more on this later). WE had a really nice Christmas...even a WHITE one. We were very blessed by them this year and I was so proud of my mom for not overdoing it. Creighton got some cute clothes and some books (and her bed set my mom purchased a while back). Jeff got a game and some bath stuff (he loves baths). I got a cool HUGE skillet pan with a HUGE surprise in it: I was very excited! This is what Jax got : A smart cycle. He really likes it but I think he'll really like it in a few more months when he actually can pedal forward by himself. The seat is just a little too high for him to go forward alone, but watch out he is vicious backpedalling :P And then we all got stockings too filled to the brim with candy and fun things!

WE made cakeballs and Jackson "helped" so he thought they were his for the consuming by the handful at any old time he pleased...this is where we found them A LOT...the two of them together are so mischievous, but pretty cute!


We went to Enid for 6 days starting Sunday. We had a good time there but so thankful to have come back home to get back on schedule. Here are some pics from Enid:

We all got so many neat things from Terrie and Philip this year. Jackson and Creighton have so many toys I don't know what to do with them all. They got a TV Star Station which is pretty cool, a Launch Pad for the computer (story coming for this in another post). They both got suitcases with their initials (conveniently we named them with our initials and so we can use them too! :O). Jeff and I got lots of nice things: books, games, jewelry, clothes, and I am sure I am missing lots, and a 24x30 canvas picture with a custom frame for above our mantle to replace the old one:


Jackson got his FIREMAN suit. A real one, with steel shank shoes and everything! He loves it.
Creighton got an Abby-Cadabby doll and suitcase. I am not sure knows what to think of her. She is cute though. We just don't watch much Sesame Street nowadays. I love Jackson's look though!

Jackson got a real guitar from "Santa" Terrie. He loves it and plays it all the time. It is really cute!

Both kids received bike helmets for one of their presents. Jackson sported his around for a lot longer than I thought he would. It is Cars and he loves "TI-ting MiKeen" (Lightning McQueen) right now.


Creighton's is still big on her, but it is the smallest they make. But she was cute. Disregard my nose/profile shot in both pictures , ugh...I need to use my new Photo shop to cut that out!



Jackson was ABSOLUTELY exhausted from the day. He fell asleep at the table drinking some yogurt...which he NEVER does (never ever ever!)....poor guy, but he's pretty cute! (boots on and everything).
We went to Papa John and Gramma Ebbie's house for Christmas on the 27th. We had A LOT of fun over there. They have lots of toys from when Jeff's sisters were little and the infamous SLOT MACHINE that Jackson LOVES LOVES LOVES to play on. He loves it. We figured out a way for him to think he has won too...we put in a bunch of coins and then hit the cash out button and he goes nuts...it keeps him very busy! :)

Here is Creighton in her Santa outfit she wore that day. She actually slept the ENTIRE time we were opening gifts there, but we don't have pics yet from that opening anyway (not sure where our camera was) but Debbie has some I am sure I can get my hands on soon. The kids (and us) were very blessed by them also this year. Jackson got a cool scooter, an aquadoodle, and lots of other things. Creighton got a baby doll that she loves (that is what she loves to do the most over there is play with the girls' old baby dolls and "feed" them), and she got some cute clothes and lots of other things too...They both enjoy making lots of noise with the drums, maracas, tambourine, and cymbals...(what was I thinking asking for musical instruments :)) I got Photo shop! I am so excited to use it. I have tried a couple time so far and I am not that good at it yet, but I am getting better. It is really neat. We got lots of cool things too. Jeff got a couple games for the wii and we got some more board games and I got a bible study book, and a really awesome frame that has 4 8x8 pictures in it! It is above our bed now!

My friend Hannah and her son (and husband) came over. Jackson and Jonah are only 15 days apart and were together a lot when they were little. They have moved to Texas now, but still come up to visit family in Bartlesville, so they get to play together still on occasion. The story to this picture is on Hannah's blog. They were funny and cute!!!

3 comments:

Becky said...

Looks and sound like you had a great Christmas!!! Photo Shop is hard to use - I never could figure it out. Of course, I didn't spend too much time on it. Brent is great with it, though!!! Have fun learning!

Kipplyn said...

Hey Court! Your kids are beautiful! Thanks for keeping up with us! It makes me less homesick to hear from everyone! hugs!

Unknown said...

i love christmas...