Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Good New Year's so far!




This is one of my new FAVORITES. We dressed all up for Daddy to preach on Sunday. (Which by the way, he did a fantastic job). It is suppose to be up on Itunes later and I will post a link when it is.


My New Year has started off really well. Jeff was off on Tuesday and we went to my mom's for black-eyed peas and Potato Soup and Ham and Banana Pudding and Cheese Dip/Chips. There was enough food for an army and there were only the 4 of us and two babies (who didn't eat ANY of it). We didn't do much of anything except go get Jeff an i-phone! He is very excited. It is pretty stinkin' cool....so cool in fact, I might ask for one if the prices go down---DRAMATICALLY! His was a gift...mine will have to be too!


Anyway, both morning my kids have slept in till 10 and thus so have I. Jeff had to work today but I went to the gym with the kids and got some studying in the Word in. It was good and then once the nursery was closed the kids and I played basketball and raquetball together and went home for lunch and naps. I got lots done during their naps. I love being productive!


Tonight, however, was a bummer a bit because I was suppose to be meeting my small group girls for dinner since we didn't have our normal meeting tonight. I got to Chilis early and ordered chips and salsa and a drink and waited...


and waited....


and waited....


and NONE of them showed. I felt like an idiot at the big table alone eating chips and salsa like you have never seen to try to pass the time and not look ridiculous...so instead of bailing, I called Jeff and he and the kids and they came out to meet me...wasn't so much the "night away" I was anticipating, but it was good nontheless. We had a giftcard and so it was free...and that is ALWAYS good in my book. I am back at home and getting ready for bed....


I'll probably update with Christmas pics in large quantity next Monday when the kids go back to school! :)

1 comment: