Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Good Night and Day

Last night was our Ladies Night Out adventure to Chili's. We I choose Chili's because it is open till 11 and I love their food and I have lots of Chili's gift card money :). My fear besides food poisoning and just gross food of choosing a 24-hour restaurant would be that we might never leave...and that would be bad. They kicked us all out last night PROMPTLY at 11:01p. I was very sad because we were having some fabulous conversation and just having a great time. I wasn't ready to leave at all, but that could have been the fact that I downed 4 glasses of tea, which I NEVER.EVER. drink after lunch if I want to sleep at all that evening. :) Anyway, I just LOVE that time with those ladies and for myself too. It is so refreshing and I get to be me...without slobber and snot and whining and someone constantly wanting my breasts (you pick, between Jeff and Creighton, the time that's not happening is slim). Anyway, I just think that it's so important for moms (and wives) to get out of the house and to be alone or with other women. It is so fun to look forward to also! I read several emails and this post and had several conversations leading up to yesterday that made me realize how important it is for this to happen. I wish that all Moms were allowed this privilege each month. I just love that time...love it love it love it.

I am so thankful that I get to do this. My husband is terrific and did/does a fabulous job of taking care of our kids. They played at McDonalds for an hour and he had the last little bit of laundry I didn't finish on Monday done and the house was picked up and dishes were done...fabulous and more that I could have asked or hoped for!

Something really crazy is that it is on Tuesdays and on Wednesdays I get to have some more time to myself because of Mothers Day Out. Usually I try to do laundry and clean and cook and go to Walmart and do bills and a million other things...well today I did go to Walmart and I did do some bills...but I just wanted some time to really relax and so I bought a People Magazine (I am somewhat embarrassed to admit this...I rarely do this, but on occasion I like to remember why I love not being famous!) and some AirHeads Xtremes (sweetly sour belts) (seriously I LOVE these things) and I sat on my bed and read it from cover to cover and ate them in less than 3 minutes and that was so awesome!

I still have over an hour before I have to go get them and I need to prepare for my bible study tonight...

4 comments:

Vickie said...

I agree about last night. I wish I could have stayed longer, but just staying until 8ish was greatly needed. Thanks for organizing those nights!!

Marci said...

I LOVE girls nights! I am so glad you are doing it! Amazing how refreshing it can be.

Lori said...

Can I just say how hard I am laughing on take you pick between my husband or my child wanting my breast! Girl I completely understand. I nursed for a year and told my husband they belonged to Emma and when she was finished with them I would let him know and he could have them back!

I agree that girl nights and date nights are a MUST.

Maria said...

It's great to get away. Last night I went to a bookstore ALONE...and BROWSED! I can't really remember the last time I did that!