Saturday, January 26, 2008

Long boring hard week (with a good ending)

It's been a really long week. Monday was a holiday and so there was no school and no normal schedule that day. Jeff worked and the kids and I played hard that day. We had lots of fun. However that night Jackson wasn't feeling real well. He ended up throwing up, but like usual, that isn't UNcommon in our home. He didn't eat dinner that night at all. We all went to bed as usual and he woke up the next morning and was feeling fine...however still didn't want to eat.

Tuesday we went to Bible study and then went to the First Baptist Family Life Center to play with our friends for a little over an hour. We had a blast and the kids all played hard! We came home for lunch (I think Jackson maybe did eat a little for lunch) and then had naps. I am doing private lessons every Tuesday for one of my freshmen volleyball players! However, when the time rolled around for me to go they were both still sleeping, which is crazy because Creighton usually never naps that long...then as I was getting ready to leave she woke up anyway. So, Jeff stayed with Jackson and I took Creighton with me (the YMCA has free childcare :)). Jeff said Jackson just sat in the chair and watched movies the entire time I was gone.

Tuesday night was date night for the month for us and so we had babysitters come over and Jeff and I went to Robert's in Bartlesville. It was really really good food, but a little pricey for my taste. The appetizer Eggrolls were FAN-tastic! I had never even heard of Robert's but Jeff randomly had found it and wanted to do something different so we went! I am glad. Afterwards we drove around and just talked and it was so nice! We came back and the kids had just gone down and Jackson ended up coming back out because he heard us so he stayed up for awhile and didn't eat anything again for dinner or snack. I think it was really late by the time we got him down.

Wednesday morning we went to wake him up and he was so tired and not feeling well I guess. I asked him if he wanted to go to school and he said yes so I tried to get him dressed and he fell asleep...literally COULD NOT keep his eyes opened....it was strange, so Jeff took Rae Rae to school and I figured I'd bring him later. As I was still trying to get him dressed he passed out cold...so I took him to his bed and he slept till like 10:45. When he woke up he was like a totally different kid and was JUST FINE. It was weird and I didn't want to risk it so I kept him home with me. He was NONE too happy about that. But he finally ate some cereal for breakfast/lunch and we had a really fun time together. Its rare I have him by myself. I either have both of them, or Creighton (when Jeff takes Jackson) so it was nice. I tried to give him special time and things throughout the day since we haven't ever really had that time and to keep his mind off of the fact that he really would have rather been at school with Emma Kate. That afternoon, Jeff came home to take him for a special lunch to Braum's. Since he hadn't been feeling great, I wasn't excited that Jeff had gotten him excited about burger fries and a malt...but I figured I'd let it slide and see what happened...I wish I would have spoken up. He took a big gulp of malt and one bit of ketchup on his fries and it was ALL over...and yes, we were in Braums. It was like he got a funny itch from the ketchup or something. He threw up several times and then we cleaned him up and left. It was way gross. Then he was fine.

WE went to church that night (and yes, I did a horrible thing and took him too). But I had to go and I didn't have an option. But I did keep him in a room without all the other kids and let him watch a movie. IT worked out. But I am SO glad i went because my small group went fantastic. I had 5 new girls and it was so so good! I think Satan would have LOVED for me to have not shown up....

Jackson from that point on has seemed just fine and hasn't anything else occur...thankfully! Thank heavens Creighton hasn't gotten it either....although she did cut a molar through yesterday! I think that one has been coming through for a few days...she's been tough. Its crazy she is cutting molars when she doesn't have all of her front teeth yet...only 2 on bottom.

Thursday we woke up and he seemed 100% fine and so we went to the Family Life Center again for 2 hours with Kara and the girls. They all played and had a great time and slept well that night.

Friday we went back to the FLC and played for an hour and then went home and played with Jeff because he had the day off! IT was fantastic. That night Jeff and I dropped the kids off at my moms and went to Tulsa for dinner. It was great. They kept them overnight and we slept till 11am this morning!!!! It was great. We watched a movie and then we watched Jeff Dunham with Brittany and Chris and then I went to get the kids and came home and we made breakfast for dinner! It was great and the kids ate well. We put them to bed a little early. Jeff hasn't been feeling well the past couple of days now though...so I hope he doesn't get it!

I am excited for a new week! Its been a long week and a hard week...even with two date nights...the last 2 days haven't been hard though...so I think that is why I am able to say this week's been good...because last Friday-this Thursday were REALLY hard for me for some reason....

Sorry for such a boring post...

2 comments:

Maria said...

I'm glad things ended well and that Jackson is feeling better. Goofie bugs going around!

Hannah E. said...

Where's Robert's? And what kind of food do they have?