Friday, January 18, 2008

Creighton! ***Edited

Yesterday Jeff took Jackson to see the new VeggieTales movie The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything. While they were gone Creighton and I hung out and made dinner and played a little bit and she took a nap.

Today we had a good day and Creighton took a good nap after we played at my friend Kara's house (ironic, since I was just complaining to Kara that she doesn't ever nap well at home for me...she slept 2 hours and 5 minutes!). Jeff got home and played with the kids while I made a yummy dinner.
**I added a whole package of chicken (skillet cooked with basil and parsley and salt and pepper) and then 1/2 cup of Alfredo sauce. It was fantastic...and Jeff liked it and Creighton LOVED it! Jackson, however, did not TOUCH it. But I thought it was pretty good too, and it couldn't have been easier...especially if you don't add extra sauce and chicken...10 minutes is no lie! A new favorite around here. (and there weren't ANY leftovers!...yeah)

After dinner Jeff took Jackson to the HS basketball games and they still aren't back. But I was given the gift (I saw tonight in a whole new light as opposed to yesterday) of spending one-on-one time with Creighton again. Its funny when I change my attitude and perspective of how much fun we can have. Typically Creighton is really clingy and wants to be nursed and/or held ALL THE TIME when I am within eyesight. But I realized tonight I need to just get down on her level and do the things I know she loves to do, especially since that usually doesn't get to happen when opinionated big brother is around. We had so much fun and I haven't been the one to make her laugh so much in a long time. I LOVE (ADORE) her laugh. It is so precious. It made me sad to think I have missed out on it so much over the last few months. She is so sweet when I let her be, by "listening" to her and giving her attention instead of trying to get things done or be selfish with my time by being on the computer. (she is in bed now though :)).

We took a bath together, which I know she LOVES. She giggled and cackled her way through that. She splashed and played forever. Then we got jammies on and played cars and danced and played babies and read books and then played peek-a-boo...which is her all time favorite thing I think. She LOVES it when I scare her...we did it for at least 20 minutes. It was fantastic. I loved every minute of it...and I know she did too. I could see it in her eyes...they danced!

I nursed her to sleep a little while ago and it was unrushed and it was sweet! I started today to only nurse her at night, morning and nap...which is A LOT less than I have been...we'll see...I hope to keep it up because she ate lunch and dinner like a champ today!!! Seriously, I don't know where she put all that food she ate! She certainly tried to nurse a lot, but I was able to distract her until it was time...successful first day! :)

Here is a picture of her as she was asleep in Jackson's bed this morning. Jackson was in our bed with Jeff (he came in at 8ish) and so when she got up about 8:15 I nursed her back to sleep in his bed! She slept very well until I woke her up at 10:10a.

***EDITED: They made it back just now and this is what my son looked like...the youth love him (which I like) and they treat him really well...tonight they "dressed him up with a blue sleeve, a piece of a shirt to spin "cheer" and a blue ball and a stamp on his hand! CUTE as all get out!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's not "dressing him up"... That's the BRU CRU woman!! :)