Friday, February 16, 2007

Good day

Today was Jeff's day to study and he got one of the books read and one of the papers done which was good. He has one book left to read and write a paper on before he leaves for class Monday. This weekend isn't terribly crazy as some of them have been lately and so I am certain he'll finish. Even though it is hard and frustrating at times, I am so proud of him...and I need to tell him more often for sure.

I was proud of myself today too...I took the kids to the mall and got Jackson's hair cut. Creighton was on her BEST behavior there as she fell asleep in the car on the way there and stayed asleep for the majority of the time. Jackson was pretty good too except I stopped to get a smoothie from Camilles and he wanted it and so I got another cup and put some in it but of course he wanted MY cup...he threw a good little fit a few different times over the silly thing...so I finally just threw both cups away...which I was sad because I really wanted it, but I hate his whining more than I wanted it I suppose. Anyway, he was pretty still for a little bit during the hair cut, but she didn't really get it looking the way I would have hoped but it certainly looks better than it did....it was so long it was in his eyes and like 2 inches over his ears...he looks very handsome now!

Creighton has been the best girl all day today! I am so happy about that. I actually got them to nap at the same time today TWICE! Can you believe it...I could not....so I rested with Creighton in my bed during both of Jax's naps. It was great. Jeff was reading for one so that was a better nap but then during the second one he was typing in here with us but I still fell asleep anyway--that is how tired I am. I think my body is just drained after a long and stressful week right after being sick for the entire weekend prior to it. Jackson slept through the night last night too for the first time since he had gotten sick about 5 days ago...so that was real nice too! Once Creighton fell asleep she only woke up once about 1:30 and took her binky right away and then didn't wake up til like 5:30 or so...so that was good sleep for me. I needed it.

I am thankful for my two awesome kids and my awesome husband who is working so hard to provide for us and get hismasters at the same time.

I think we are hiring a new person too as his assistant soon and for that I am so thankful because man, that will just be great! He's been begging for an asst. for 4 years. Better late than never...and I really like the candidate too!

Kara--your double stroller was such a lifesaver thanks!

No comments: