Friday, February 2, 2007

so blessed

Yesterday Jeff worked most of the day and into the night on his homework/reading/writing for school...keeping the kids quiet is rather difficult...so after Jackson's nap and lunch we went up to the church to hang out with the kids at BCHA and Kara (that is the homeschooling thing at the churh on thursdays). Anyway that was fun and it was good to get out for a few hours to let Jax play. They were both pretty good while we were gone and I got some good conversation (adult) in with Kara and K. I really like K. WE are very different in lots and lots of areas but I respect her a lot and know that I can learn a lot from her. She is a neat and super super sweet lady that seems to have it all together, but yet she's real too. I don't know what it is (besides the Lord) about her, but I like it and I want to find out more.
Anyway, then we came home for Jax's second nap and then we left to go to Owasso/Tulsa and I met my parents for dinner and then we went back to the house. I went to Target with my dad and I exchanged the heater (the one I broke) with a new one...that was a good thing. Anyway, I got a little bit of sleep and what I did get was good. I just was awoken* at 6:30 and never got to go back to sleep because once i fed her and got her to sleep Jackson was awake for the day (since he has a "big boy bed" at grammies he can get out of it by himself, so once he's awake, he is up and out instead of falling back asleep). *I dont' know if that was correct english

Anyway, so needless to say I was pretty tired for sure and Jackson usually doesn't get up that early so he was pretty dang cranky and my parents had both left for work and it was a madhouse...I almost lost my cool several times. It was quite the chore for me to get all of our stuff into the car, both kids in the car and be even somewhat sane in the process.... but I made it...and I decided that I really needed to get a Jamba juice on the way home to make me feel better...it worked.
I got home and Jackson had fallen asleep in the car and he took the rest of his nap in his crib, which was nice--even nicer he couldn't get out :). Anyway, I got a shower and then got ready and nursed her and then he was up and we went to Kara's to play with Aidan and emma and that was fun. We had a good day (although this morning I was certain that wasn't meant to be)..thankfully it happened! But I was so superduper tired from my morning that whenever Jeff got home, Jackson was down for his nap and I handed Creighton over and took one myself. It was a much direly (again, probably misspelled or something) needed nap....I took one for an hour and half...Jeff said Creighton screamed for the most part the entire time. Oh well....she'll be fine.
My friends Larissa and Rachel had their babies Josie and Violet (respectively---haha..I like to use that when I can, which isn't very often...)anyway, so Kara and I went up to the hospital to see them...that was fun. All four are doing well and healthy!
I came back home after getting some dinner from Wendy's and a small trip for cold medicine for Creighton to walgreens. Jeff and Jackson were playing with Chris (one of the youth) who had been at the house since Jeff had gotten home at 330. Then they all went to the basketball game together and Creighton and I took a bath together which was really great bonding time. I love that time with her....she is so sweet! She was a pretty good girl tonight. I got my 3rd day of homework done (yeah me!) and spent some time of the Internet looking at other mommy's blogs and I figured out how incredibly lucky and blessed I really am! There are so many people out there that have kids with serious health issues and I am so thankful for my kids and their health and the blessing that is!
Ready to go to bed!

1 comment:

Maria said...

It sounds like you have been super busy!!! I say, count the loading of the car at your parents as a weeks worth of workouts! LOL! :)