Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Snow

I am very tired of winter here. I am not a winter person at all to begin with, but this is like Minnesota weather or something crazy. Our roads aren't too bad, but they aren't great by any means. I slid all over the place in the Trailblazer, but the Intrepid seemed to do fine. It snowed roughly all day today and they say on and off snow till Sunday. That is crazy. Enough snow already! I don't have a clue how much accumulated (that is a weird word) but quite a bit..nothing like November or anything, but probably a good 3 or so inches.

Jeff has to write all day tomorrow, which is a total bummer. I am sad because we can't really do anything because its so cold....thankfully we have the slide and the wii...they seem to occupy Jackson's attention the most lately...he also is fascinated with stickers...when Terrie was in town she bought him a bunch, so that will keep us busy too.

We had church tonight even though the roads were bad enough that most others cancelled. It was nice though. We had about 20 kids come and so it was small and cozy. We did it a little differently since it was so small...and it was good I liked it. Jeff was bummed about it I think because his talk didn't go exactly the way he maybe had wanted it to because all day he figured it'd be cancelled and then they were going to just play games because he didn't think too many would show up, but then when 20 came he figured he'd do a talk...so he hadn't prepared as well as he'd like to have. Oh well...for the kids that were there, it was fine. I think they had fun and that's what they'll remember the most anyway.

Both of my kids were somewhat fussy for the nursery tonight which bums me out, but atleast they are fine now. Jackson is so funny. He was running around like a crazy man tonight once we got home. He cracks me up.

Anyway, they are both down and I am almsot finished pumping so I am headed to bed.

I am thankful for my house that was cleaned today by a sweet lady named Luz. It was gift (4 hours of cleaning) from my hostesses at my baby shower for Creighton...I will tell you what...I am thinking more and more how great of a gift that is! She didn't get quite as much done in 4 hours as I was hoping, but the areas she did are pretty good...so that is nice. I got to play with Creighton alot today because I wasn't concerned with cleaning...that was nice...I am thankful for that too.

1 comment:

Maria said...

Trailblazer vs. Intrepid = Rear wheel drive vs. front wheel drive

That would be my guess-- keeping in mind that I do not know which model of trailblazer you have or intrepid for that matter. Usually larger vehicles, such as SUVs, are RWD (and/or 4WD/AWD), while a lot of cars are FWD, and FWD is a lot easier to drive/steer on snow and ice than RWD.

:)