Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Postpartum Depression

Jackson had a much better day today at school which is nice. The teacher said he was nice and didn't bite anyone...I only wish she knew that he is usually always nice and never bites anyone but this one kid named P(my mom said it must be P's fault because Jackson is too sweet to do it for nothing...I am starting to agree...but maybe not...I don't want to be "that" parent....although I suppose it is okay for grandparents to feel that way no matter what....but I must keep reality in perspective).
At school when I was picking him up today I saw one of my friends there and she just broke down crying because she is struggling so much with postpartum depression. I havent' commented on here about that at all, but I really really was having a hard time too. My OB put me on a small dose of anti-depressant and it has made the world of difference in our home...believe me we were ALL effected by it. I figured I should blog about it and let others know because I felt very alone in it at the time and I felt it was silly or that I was psycho to need pills to help me be "normal" but I wasn't alone there are lots of other women out there that are struggling in silence and you shouldn't. Get help if you need it. talk to someone, and if you need pills, take them for a few months and it will be fine. Anyway, I just figured that I shouldn't "hide" it because it isn't anythign I should be ashamed about. It seemed to help my friend to hear and so I figured maybe someone else reading this might need it today or someday in the future...sorry for the soapbox!
Anyway, last night was fun seeing Deja Vu..it was at the dollar theater but on Tuesdays its only 50 cents...and so we both saw a movie for one dollar! How great is that!!! And the best part is, the movie was awesome.
I had a dentist appt. this morning and nothing was wrong with my teeth for like the first time in my life :) so that is great news.
Jeff isn't feeling well today and tonight is the 2007 Kickoff for Nikao (the youth program he runs at Grace) and so pray for him tonight...he can't just come home..he has to be there and he has a million things he has to do...among one of them....being excited and chipper when he totally feels like poop! Then tomorrow he has to do homework for Masters all day....ugh for him.
I have had a good dya though. I met with one of my seniors from last year (now a freshman at obu) for lunch and then we got the opportunity to just chat for like an hour about her semester and about life...it was good. Times have changed since I was in school...but yet they are the same too...it was weird. Growing up is hard sometimes and life lessons stink at times especially when you are hard headed like she and i and have to learn the hard way. She'll be fine....and if you are reading this, know that I believe in you and you are awesome.

Have a good day
Iam thankful for the sunshine today!

2 comments:

Angela said...

Hey Courtney,
It was so good to hear from you. We actually moved to Texas a month ago. I was really sad that I never made it to the bible study at your church. Matt, Paytie and I had the flu for three weeks straight. We would pass it to each other. It was horrible!!! Anyway, how is life with two babies???? Is it easier or a lot harder? (Tell me the truth?) :) Well, let's keep in touch.
Hope all is well in Bartlesville.
Your kids are soooo cute!! You are very blessed! :)

Maria said...

Post-partum depression is a medical condition just like high blood pressure or thyroid problems-- and they all require pills to be "normal." There is nothing to be ashamed of or to hide. I am glad that you are getting the help/medicine you need, and I know that everything will work out great for you! :)