Monday, January 8, 2007

traumatic day

Today wasn't the best of days for anyone in my household...on the lesser end of crazy...I had some returns to make at the mall and I only had Creighton so I was planning to bring the stroller so I didn't have to carry her all over the mall. Well I struggled for like 10 minutes just to get the dang thing in our very large (but incredibly small opening) trunk...you know those things are huge (and yes, this was only the single stroller not the limo double!). SO I finally jam it in...get to the mall, start to try to pull it out...only to break the wheel off in the process trying to get it out...and I mean its done for...broken broken broken....probably not fixable without a new part all together from Graco....ugh! SO i was really mad, but I got my stuff done and it was fine--but she is so heavy in that thing!....

The next part of our day was off to the Dr....which was traumatic for Creighton because she had like 5 vaccinations to get and she screamed her little head off and it was awful..but prior to that I was told that ONCE AGAIN...my child has colic....you know what I think of that?! BULL ...all that means is that she (and noone else) doesn't have a clue what is wrong with my child. UGH!!!! All that she could tell me is that she'd grow out of it...which I do know to be true because Jax did...but why did God have to "bless" me with 2 colicky babies...this stage of life is (was) my most favorite in the world....I LOVE babies...and I always have....but its so hard for me to enjoy this stage with my own kids because they aren't like most babies that just smile and coo and play or cuddle...they wail at the top of their lungs and nothing can help them. I think that is the most miserable place to be as a mom...helpless.

Anyway, for Jeff and Jackson's day...
at school Jackson pulled someone on top of him and busted open his lip...which might be the least of his bad day. Then Jeff picked him up from school and took him to Lowe's where first smashed his hand in between two carts and screamed....then a few minutes later Jeff got him calmed and put him in the back of the cart (stupid mistakeon his part...but I still lovehim)....he walks around the corner and Jackson climbs and falls 3 feet or so head first onto the cement floor and Jeff watches as he tries desperately to get to him as they are both freaking out by this point. Jeff thinks he's cracked his skull or potentially could be paralyzed and is trying to keep Jackson's neck straight....oh my I am so glad I wasn't there..but had I been...I probably wouldn't avhe let him put him in the back either. ANyway, doc says we just have to watchhim all day and he can't sleep (he isn't paralyzed and no fractures),...but he might (probably) have a concussion....so not only does he not get his nap, but we have to wake him up every 2 hours tonight to make sure he is okay. poor guy. JEff of course feels terrible and is broken hearted Jax got hurt on his watch. Then tonight, Jackson was looking out the window and the blinds came back and hit him in the face and made a huge deep red scratch from his inner ear to his chin! Could his day get worse.....

I finally got him down at 9 though...soits time to go check on him. creighton is currently sleeping :)
i am tired...she had a bad night last night.

1 comment:

Maria said...

Girl! I feel so bad for your! I hope things get better and brighter days come soon! Hugs from afar!