Monday, January 22, 2007

Insaneness to bliss

My oh my....
Okay so last night was fairly crazy for me and I thought I might literally lose it a few different times. My parents brought us back from Owasso with like 4 minutes to spare to be at our small group event(and Creighton SCREAMED almost the entire 40minute drive)...but we weren't too late at all and several people were later than we were...so that is always good:) It went okay. Creighton was a little bit fussy but not too bad and Jackson wasn't a pain so that was nice too. We ate adn had a small shower fo rmy friend Sheryl who seriously should have already had her baby....like 4 days ago she was dialated to a 3...but still no baby. Anyway, so we rushed out of there to be back at our house by 7:30 when our next small group starts (at our house). One of the kids beat us home and was the first in our house and it was a WRECK with clothes everywhere and suitcases from Owasso just literally thrown on the kitchen floor (because of our quick turnaround)....so that was horrible....then I quick changed Creighton's diaper and left her on the changing pad and ran in to get Jackson a bath as she screamed her little head off...got him out of the bath and picked her up and tried to get diaper/pjs on him as then he began screaming and she never stopped....all while Jeff is trying to get the car unstuck from the ice/snow in the driveway (he finally got it up into the garage). Meanwhile, the rest of the clan of kids showed up and I am a basketcase. Jackson and Creighton took turns crying/fussing throughout small group. I finally got her to sleep and put her in her swing and took him into his room and we read some books and then said our prayers and I put him down....she was awake and fussy by the time I came back out. But it was a little before 9 and we were praying and wrapping up small group...I thought was a good thing...but then Jeff said they could play the wii...and at 9:30 they were all still there playing and I thought I might kill my husband...I was so drained and exhausted mentally and physcially by that point....I just wanted to go to bed. Creighton was still awake and beginning to get really mad that I wasnt' feeding her, which I couldn't do with all those young boys (and girls) around....finally they left and Jeff and I picked up adn folded about 9 loads of laundrya nd put them away and I fed her and she finally fell asleep after about 40minutes of trying to get her to eat...she was super gassy but after 2 diaper changes and lots of burping and poots she eventually nodded off on the boob....I put her down and laid down myself. Jeff was watching something on the tv....and then like 20 minutes later she cried out...I was so sad, but JEff went in and put her binki back in and she slept.....GET THIS>..she slept till 9:45 this morning....yes, you heard me....11:30 (last binky insert) till 9:45....I thought either I had died and gone to heaven or she had one....I am not kidding....I went to check on her like 5 times because I was worried she wasn't breathing...but she was peacefully sleeping. Jackson woke up at 8:45 ....so he slept for 12 hours!!....I got him up, fed him breakfast, made his lunch, packed his bags, helped Jeff out the door, and they went to school/work....and I HAD to pump a little off the top because I thought I might bust...the breasts needed their own zip code this morning....but then she slept through that whole madness of the morning....and just got up and I fed her and now I am finishing pumping...it is amazing....oh man....a really great start to today! I guess you don't have to guess what I am thankful for today....all of it!

1 comment:

Maria said...

LOL! I'm sorry, but the zip code comment got a good chuckle out of me...and Kevin too. I'll admit, I am less shy about breastfeeding than I thought I would be, but part of it is being in Germany. Women whip it out here all of the time (for the purpose of breastfeeding). The breast is much less "sexualized" here than in the US (or so it seems to me). I show WAY more modesty by covering with a blanket than any German woman! Sorry-- back on topic--

Glad you had a great night of sleep. I couldn't dream of making it 10 hours without a feeding or pumping-- not just because I could only wish for it to happen, but my boobs would explode!!!