Wednesday, February 21, 2007

A busy but good 2 days

I had every intention of blogging and really, I had so much to say and now that I finally got around to it, I can't remember much of it. Anyway, I made it...and if I do say so myself, with flying colors. I enjoyed myself and proved to myself that I can do it (not alone, because God was definitely with me). Jeff decided back and forth about whether or not he was coming home tonight or tomorrow and I believe I just heard the garage door...so apparently he decided he missed us too much to stay :). Classes were over but he was going to stay to write some of his papers in the "peace and quiet."

While he was gone, we made it to Bible Study on time...as in I was there like almost 10 minutes before they started the video...yeah me! Really the only reason was Jackson has started to wake up earlier this week...which kinda stinks because I am the opposite of a morning person in all aspects...but it helps when you have somewhere to be. I enjoyed bible study and truly knew that the Lord had a word for me...it was Beth Moore and she was talking about "when the 'strong one' isn't there to lean on and follow you have to step up yourself and be the strong one. " It was really in reference in the book of Daniel when Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego were confronted by King Nebechadnezzer about worshipping the idol without the leadership of their 'strong one' Daniel....when the opportunity to was set up they had to step up...and that was what I feel the Lord was saying to me even though it wasn't as crazy or spiritual maybe as in Daniel...but that I had to step up...and I did. There is a sign that I saw a few months ago and I wanted to get it for myself for times such as this week. It stated "Put on your big girl panties and get over it!"....

Anyway, we played at the park after bible study because the Lord blessed us with a beautiful day!! The weather finally was warm enough to be outside and so we did that! After naptime, we went on a walk....I put Creighton in the carrier and buckled Jackson in the wagon and we went to the park in our neighborhood and we had fun. Jackson of course was my little dare devil the whole time....he scared me....and for the first time I think as his mommy I had this crazy sense of fright because there were all these bigger (like 8-10 years) boys that he ran over to, far from me and they surrounded him and looked like thye were going to jump him...its so scary to trust him to the world...big lesson...well not trust him to the world, but rather while we are in it I have to trust the Lord to watch over him. I sure hope he empowered his best, mightiest, strongest, fastest and most awesome guardian angel to be Jackson's....he needs it!

We had dinner at the Howzes and that was fun...albeit kinda crazy with 4 little ones running around and trying to eat together...well 3 anda baby. I am so blessed by my friendship with Kara and her family. Jackson adores Aidan and Emma and actually he has learned to say Aidan's name (I think). One of the few on the list for him and how cute is it that she is one of them! Anyway, God truly has blessed me with crossing our paths...

That was all yesterday....today Jackson (again) got up earlier than normal...which I didn't care for, but it was fine. We had plenty of time to get him ready and AGAIN we were on time to something...and rare oddity in the life of Courtney Berg. I do though enjoy being on time to things...it was a great sense of accomplishment...hahah...that is funny. Anyway, he had a GREAT day at school! Yeah yeah yeah! No biting, good nap, ate all his food....yeah Jax! While he was at school I had lunch with a friend of mine and then she watched Creighton while I went to get my second Christmas massage. Samantha Lin is fabulous...it was wonderful and then some! One whole hour, kidless and in heaven on earth relaxing and warm. Oh it was good.

Then after I picked up Jackson we went to the park again with Kara and the kids because it was a GORGEOUS day out again....I am very very thankful for the weather! We had a good time adn came home and Jackson took a nap...
Creighton had sorta a rough day and threw up like 2 times and had snot just pouring out her poor nose...I think the whole US has colds right now....or worse. Every baby in town seems to be sick. Its awful.

My parents came up to have dinner with us tonight so that was good! Free dinner and help with the kids for a few hours. They helped me get Jackson down...really they just stayed till I got him down...and then they left. It was fine and I am gald they came up! It was nice to see them.

And then I got Rae down and hopefully she'll sleep well again tonight..last night she slept from 9:30-5:40....:)happy mom...but I didn't sleep hardly at all, but now that Jeff is back hopefully I can rest...I was worried all night because I kept hearing noises...but now he's the man home and I don't have to worry so much...

He has to work all day tomorrow on school again...but I am okay with that....I am in a great mood and feeling great too! Tired, much! But, I am good....and I am confident in myself and in my God!

I am thankful that Jeff got home safely adn that I made it sanely..and for the weather...and for Jackson who is getting so big and old!

by the way, those boys didn't "jump" Jackson they were nice to him....praise the Lord
another by the way, thank you to all of you who encouraged me and prayed for me this week...it was heard and answered and much appreciated!

welcome to the blog world darci!

2 comments:

Maria said...

Wooo Hooo! Before I had Amari, I used to love when Kevin would be gone for a couple of days, because I enjoyed the "me" time, but now I don't like it nearly as much!

I'm glad you made it and all went well! :)

khowze said...

I am glad you had a good week!! I love our kids friendship too! Aidan was listing all her friends last night and her "boy" friends were a select list of Andrew, Zach and Jackson!! Note that he was the only non-related friend. It's so cute. And I really think Emma is in love!