Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Of Course...

You know when I went to bed after my "He's listening" post below I could have told you I was doomed....and I was.

I saw EVERY single cotton-picking hour on the clock that night/morning from 9p-9a. It was awful. Neither of them slept, so of course I didn't...but my sweet and darling husband managed to sleep through it ALL! :/

Needless to say I was VERY grouchy yesterday and last night wasn't much better, but at least Jackson didn't wake up till 5a this morning but thankfully went back to sleep (with us of course) till 8:45. Today, I am still rather grouchy but a little less because they are at least at school.

I took Creighton to the doctor last Tuesday to find out she had a really bad ear infection and not so bad ear infection AND a sinus infection. She's been on antibiotics TWICE A DAY religiously since and yet last night she was so so so upset about her ears...she was pulling like mad and screaming like crazy...from 11-12:15 and then from 3-4 until I finally just brought her to bed with me, which happened to be the miracle cure...or maybe it was all the Tylenol I gave her...because she slept great till 7:15 and then I nursed her and she went back to sleep till 9.

Jackson has been talking a lot about monsters lately...and it absolutely breaks my heart because I can be immobilized at times by my fears at night and I hate it that he might have that too. He was talking with Jeff in the shower last night about his previous night's sleeplessness and he was saying there was a monster and he began describing him and says he is on his wall. I hate that for him SO much. Any advice on how to get past this with him? He has a night light on already and a fan for noise so he doesn't hear outside noises and/or Creighton's cries. It just breaks me really to think of his fears!

Anyway, I desperately need to get some rest...I decided that I absolutely could NOT get pregnant again just for the sole reason of I wouldn't make it another year without sleep...really, I wouldn't! My depths of my being just canNOT function without it. I heard a commercial that man can survive 12 days without sleep...that is a load of bull! I wouldn't make it past the 2nd day...

Sorry for my complaining...I am just severely in a funk!

I am going to have lunch with one of my small group girls though and I visited one of my other ones this morning who had surgery yesterday and so that helped and I hope my lunch helps lift my mood (and helps me feel I have purpose again)...

Good day y'all...and Baby A is a whole week old today!!! :)---when I think of this I hate that I typed any of the above with any complain in my voice because I do have healthy babies...and I do know that I am so blessed! Forgive my complaining

6 comments:

khowze said...

Sorry about your rough nights. I think with the fears you just have to comfort and reassure consistently and try to do whatever you can to alleviate the fear like you are with the night light. It is common and natural.
Also, I know what you mean about feeling guilty for complaining...but parenting is hard and sometimes you need to share trials with friends. We all know you love your children dearly!

Becky said...

I agree with Kara! Sorry about the monsters! Have you thought about putting a palette on your floor in your bedroom, so that if he wakes up scared, he could sleep there? If he is scared, he might just need that for a night or two.

David came in to our room in the night last night. On his way, he turned on every light in the house because he had a nightmare, and he was scared!

Marci said...

I have no advice on the "being scared" thing because I truly believe I have the MOST scared kids of all. Kayla STILL gets scared and we have been battling this for YEARS! She is old enough that I try to reason with her and let her know that God is with her, but I have realized that with true FEAR there is no rationality.

Rachel said...

Courtney, I usually pray with them before bed and then when they wake up feeling scared...specifically praying for sweet dreams and that God would guard their hearts and minds. I also talk with them about how THEY are in charge of their thoughts. It is the very basic beginning to spiritual warfare.
I also recommend a book called "A Treasury of Bible Promises" by Helen Haidle. It has a page called Peaceful Sleep that I read to my kids. Rachel even gets it and reads it to herself if she's feeling afraid. It has helped. BUT... on the practical side, I'd make a palette at the foot of the bed like Becky said. Fact is... kids get scared. AND... sometimes it isn't spiritual, it's just the sweatshirt hanging on the bedpost looking funny. (:

Love you.

Christy said...

Sorry Courtney, that post from Rachel is from me. I was signed in as my daughter. OOPS.

Maria said...

Sorry about the sleep problems.