Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Creighton's getting big!


Creighton went to the doctor today for her 15 month well-baby visit. She weighs 22 1/2 pounds and 32 inches. She is "perfect" according to the doctor and better than that she is "advanced" in her talking, much UNlike her big brother. When we finally got the kid (Jackson) healthy, then we realized he was very behind in talking...So today was a great news! She got one shot and did beautifully with it barely shedding one tear. I was so proud and she was so brave.


Its crazy how much she is growing up! Both of them, they are just getting big before my very eyes!


Some words Creighton is saying:

cheese, bye-bye, mommy, daddy, yes, no, baby, doll, ball, juice, button, where, "kisses", shoes, bubba, dog, grg "george", bottle,


Anyway, I am still nursing her and since she is currently teething like crazy and all of her molars at the same time! I am picking back up on nursing her more often than I had intended. It was seeming that she "had" to nurse and that it was like the "miracle cure" to her teething pain. It was nice to see it written in an article that Maria posted. So, much to everyone else's disgust (it seems) I am not ready, she is not ready and therefore, now I will try to build back up my milk supply. I told the doctor today that I was nursing like 6 times a day and she said she was totally fine as long as she was eating food and drinking water also. I might need to start taking my pills again though (I stopped a long time ago). I am glad though that there are lots of nutrients still there, because lately she tends to want to nurse more often than not. Oh this girl...she is a keeper! :)

4 comments:

Maria said...

Forget what everyone else says! Do what feels right to you! And if you need encouragement or to vent about some criticism, I am here!

I think The Boy is cutting some eye teeth with his molars. It is unreal!
Oh, and he nurses six times a day...and we're only together 14 hours! He also eats like a pig, so his ped also was unconcerned, but did tell me it was ok to pump wean because he is getting enough milk without the additional in his cup at daycare! It's a slow process getting off the pump though...especially with him sleeping longer at night too! I am full a lot!

Vickie said...

It must be important to God, too, for you to nurse since he keeps you going ! Enjoy it while you can.

Angel said...

Nursing is a wonderful thing! It is so healthy for both of you. it is not like she will be nursing in grade school or anything.
wow she talks a lot, that is great!

khowze said...

I am just teasing you about the whole nursing thing...I will always be your friend even if you have a 5 year old attached to your boob!