Friday, February 15, 2008

So far...

Well, my time has been great. It's just wonderful to breathe and to be able to sleep, and sleep till 11:43! :)

Last night I made some stinkin' awesome nachos that were fabulous (and I can't make right now while Jeff is on the diet) and then OF COURSE I made some cookies! They are so good and I am sure I will eat every one of them by myself (well Brittany had 2) before they get back on Sunday! I hung out with Brittany last night for a little while and had a good time with conversation and just TIME that we NEVER normally get because I am needed by my little people too often for good long conversations...it was so good for our friendship! It was good for my soul too...I loved it.

I stayed up way too late, but IT DIDN'T MATTER BECAUSE I COULD SLEEP AS LATE AS I NEEDED/WANTED! And I did!

I did clean up the dishes and a little bit of the kitchen last night...and I plan to finish up before Sunday hopefully with the whole house but particularly the kitchen, the bathrooms, and then the dusting and vaccumming which NEVER gets done around here...

My goal is to get the taxes done too before Jeff gets back so its one less thing to worry about! Yeah....and its weird because I am totally not even dreading it because I can have papers lying everywhere and not have to worry about them and I can do it in sections and parts and not worry! I am so excited...this is crazy what rest, and time away does for the body and soul and spirit!

Jeff should be careful, this might have to become a tradition a few times a year! :) Oh a girl can wish and dream, can't she?! However, the fact that Jeff got his first ever speeding ticket on the way there sorta stunk! But they made it safely and are all doing very well!

3 comments:

Maria said...

Glad you are enjoying your time. I'd love to bake cookies again some time soon... maybe Easter? The Boy likes to decorate, but he makes a BIG mess!

khowze said...

Sounds wonderful. 11:45??? I stayed with my parents (Mike's out of town) last night..the two big girls were in their room and Addie in mine. Addie who usually sleeps until ten was up at 7:30 and Emma who is usually up at 7:30 slept until 8:30! Darn the luck!

Marci said...

How nice!! I was just telling Jeff that I was needing another break- - -like I had at Osage Hills in October. I told him after that night that I needed ONE night a month to be ALL ALONE. Well, it hasn't happened since October but hopefully I can get another one again soon!! Enjoy your time!!