Saturday, February 9, 2008

Life is good

I had minor (major to me) dental surgery on Wednesday afternoon and have been a little "low" because of it the last few days. I am such a baby. Pain level is decent but my need to be "felt sorry for" and cared for is GREAT (much exceeds the normal limits). *Having said that, I will say though that my mouth is really gross looking and very uncomfortable and I am still taking much much too much ibprofen every day to be able to function.

Anyway, I am hoping this all will just go away and feel better overnight although I am not holding my breath...I just popped another 600mg of IBP.

However, we have had some really great fun and lovely family time this weekend. My kids are getting big, which on one hand and for a very small second is sad, but on the other is so wonderful! They are getting a little bit more independent each day. Creighton acts like she's 3 and Jackson acts like he's either 5 or 5 months depending on the minute :)....it is just neat.

Discipline with Jackson is so much easier when we can communicate with one another! That might not always be the case, but it is just fantastic that I know I don't let him off the hook now by making excuses for him that "oh, well, he just doesn't understand"....he craves structure and discipline and guidelines and boundaries....just like his mother, but much unlike his father (whom his very precious princess takes after). He doesn't always want consequences obviously but he is doing so much better with it. He is my little cuddle bug, full of energy though, very people pleasing type A personality. He likes order and loves things "exactly the way he wants them" at the exact time and location....we are working on this. :)

Anyway, we are just enjoying these little people and of course I absolutely ADORE watching my husband spending fun play time with them. It is truly awesome. He is such a wonderful father, Daddy, friend to them...Thanks honey...

Jackson has continued in his pursuit of praying and he prays FERVENTLY and with MUCH MUCH obvious desire for his grammy Terrie to feel better so he can go to Pop's house....it is almost too much to handle how cute he is...he squeezes his eyes so tight and grasps his little fingers around his hands so tight as if to think "if I squeeze harder maybe it'll happen faster"... I just can't get enough of it! It is my most favorite thing in the world right now.

One last funny thing, I was at Hallmark and I happened to buy 3 cards all random and they told me I could get one of these stuffed animals that makes noise for $9.95 since I bought 3 cards....I can't really stand the thought of one more stuffed animal in my house and so almost immediately said no...but the lady persisted in showing them (all 3 of them to me) anyway, the last of which was this funny little dog that had ears that flapped up and down and sings in a doggie voice "Where's my hug, where's my hug, i want a hug, give me a hug, come on come on give me a hug, oh boy oh boy oh boy ruff ruff"....I don't even like dogs but my sweet Rae LOVES them and she loves noisy toys and loves hugs, so I caved and got this silly dog. My kids couldn't love this silly thing more! If you push the paw Creighton will RUN (drop whatever she is doing and RUN) to give that thing a hug...it is priceless and precious in everyway....Jackson does it too but really only because Creighton gets so much attention from it and/or because he knows she wants it. It was a great $10 gift for her....I will get video maybe soon of it...

4 comments:

Marci said...

I wish I would have known you were in such bad shape last week- - -I would have brought you dinner!

Christy said...

Good for you for enjoying these moments. Those 2 kiddos of yours sound like they are just adorable at every moment of the day. I watched Jackson this morning in Sunday School and he was definitely the "leader". He participated with his WHOLE heart.

Very sweet.

The Murray Crew said...

EEEEK on the dental work! I must get my wisdom removed soon, but there never seems to be a "good time" for dental work....
Cute sweeties you got!
Jen
Mama to Quads

Hannah E. said...

Hope you feel better soon! Dental work is no fun at all. I feel your pain.