Thursday, August 21, 2008

Creighton's bad day...

...got worse. I hate it for her. Maybe she has an ear infection and that is why the child cannot hear (to listen to my voice) and cannot walk in a straight line for anything today. However, unfortunately, I don't think that is the case.

Read the post below and then come back to see the rest...

Her burn has progressively gotten worse all day. Every time I change her bandaging it has gotten worse, but seems to (hopefully) be feeling better for her. It is bright red (the flesh underneath where skin would normally be) and it is swelling immensely. I think her wrist has close to doubled in size and the actual wound is about an inch thick now this evening. But the meds I am giving her seem to ease the pain of it from how she is acting about it. I can tell it still hurts her when she does certain things or moves it a certain way, but overall, she seems to be back to my normal, very tough little girl!

But then, this evening, she was running through the living room carrying a step stool (why I don't know) and tripped and fell on it and cut her mouth all up. Her gums are cut and her lips are swollen and busted up. Then, not but 5 minutes it seemed later, she ran smack right into the door with her face, and has a goose egg on her forehead.

I mean really! She was so accident proned today I was worried to let her do anything...thankfully now she is asleep in her crib. I hope and pray that she sleeps well. Goodness knows she I need it! Thankfully Jeff will be home late tonight.

However, all in all, it hasn't been a horrible day (other than her injuries). They weren't too crazy for me and both took a great nap this afternoon. Thank you Jesus.

9 comments:

Christy said...

Courtney,

I'm so so so sorry about Creighton's poor arm. There is nothing worse than watching our sweet babies suffer. ):
I'm curious... what SHOULD a person do when their child sticks their arm in hot glue? I can't imagine leaving it on. UGH! I know you are taking good care of her.

Thanks for praying and caring for us. Love you friend! HUGS!

Becky said...

It's so hard when your child has numerous things happen in one day. I'm sorry!

sonja said...

I hope she sleeps well tonight and has a better day tomorrow!

Aubrey said...

Poor baby! That's no fun going through all that. Hopefully her arm will heal fast and her mouth! I always feel so bad when Hudson gets hurt.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Laura said...

Burns are so painful. Bless that child's heart. I am the queen of burning myself with hot glue as well and of freaking out when accidents happen to my kids. Not fun. I will pray that it will heal quickly. This does seem to be the age of accident prone children. Hang in there mom you are doing great!

Kipplyn said...

Sorry Courtney! I am sure this isnt helping the nursing "issue" either. It has been a rough week. Thank goodness for tomorrow! BTW I love your new blog look!

April said...

Poor girl and poor mama! I don't know, it would be pretty difficult to leave hot glue on your child. I would have reacted the same way! I hope tomorrow is accident free!

rachel white said...

oh my goodness! poor thing! i'm so sorry!

reading this post is making me feel justified for being over-protective toward harrison. : ) jer always laughs at me because i gasp at the little fall.

hang in there! tomorrow will be better!