Saturday, August 23, 2008

My first 5K **Updated

Well I ran my first and probably last 5K this morning. Very unprepared (I signed up this morning and only decided to do it yesterday). I haven't walked 3 miles in a long time, much less tried to RUN it. My ability surprised me, it was my knees that gave out. That might have had something to do with the fact I didn't have running shoes on, I NEVER EVER EVER run at all for anything, and I am sure my running posture is horrific, since I was exhausted and just trying to finish. I am a sprinter though and so the last 200 yards or so was fun because I nailed it and passed 3 people...I haven't done that in a long time either though...I might hate life tomorrow but I am pretty proud of myself today. :)

Have a great day.

**Updated to add: I ran it in 31 minutes...about 6 1/2 minute laps...I ran the first 3K and then jogged/walked till close to the end then sprinted the last 200 yards. I was 98th finish total (not sure how many total runners) and 37th female. The first man finished 17 minutes. The first woman 24 minutes.

3 comments:

Marci said...

Good Job Courtney- - that is a good time!

We saw in the paper that Kara finshed 2nd place- - wow!! I knew she liked to run, but didn't realize she was so fast!

Dalene said...

Too fun!!! I'm glad you had that experience. I agree w/ Marci...that is an amazing time! Especially considering that you haven't been training! So are you sore today?

Unknown said...

I have been practicing for months and still cannot run that time. Way to go and don't stop. You will feel better next week! :) I just started running this year and I am addicted to races because it keeps me motivated in between so I just keep signing up for them. Way to go!