Monday, August 4, 2008

Jackson's End of Day 4 Report...

All day, no accidents! Woke up from nap dry (after he FINALLY went down). I think he might be thinking he doesn't need naps anymore...boy is he SO wrong!

Anyway, so proud of my little man. He even finally pooped on the potty today. Is that normal for their pooping frequency to slow down during potty training/out of diapers?

I got better towards the end of the day not reminding him and making him sit on the potty to "try" but asking if he needed to go. The times he did go were the ones he went on his own timing without my asking...we are making progress for sure! Yeah yeah yeah!!!!

Hopefully I will get some pics up soon...just realized it's been a while!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

http://jodified.typepad.com/a_mom_and_her_camera/2008/07/
banners.html

Try that!

Becky said...

Congrats on the progress with potty training!!! Sorry that Creighton is not ready - it would have been nice to do them at the same time, but she is young. It will happen. As much as she likes to keep up with her brother - I bet it will happen quickly.

Unknown said...

Just found your blog via Janel's blog. We are about to start potty training. Thanks for letting us get glimpse of what to expect!! Your kids are adorable, by the way!

JayCee said...

Hi,
I just found your blog through Janel's blog.

Way to go on the potty training....keep up the good work. I remember how "challenging" it was when my kids were small. I found the key is to wait until they are ready.....otherwise, it's just the parent who is trained! LOL :)

Vickie said...

hang in there...you both are doing great. Don't forget, there may be set backs, too, don't panic...it's normal! We just got out of a summer set back, so maybe we are back on track...for now.

Hyperactive Lu said...

Hang in there. You can do this. From a mom that spent a year...yes, almost a year exactly potty training my child (long story)... I can say that it can be so frustrating and exhausting. I wish I hadn't gotten as upset as I did, but goodness! you know they can do it and don't understand why they won't. We went through many-a-days of tons of yelling and crying and cleaning and frustrating moments... Ahhhh... so thankful those are over. You can do it and one day it just clicks in their little brain! The best advice I have is that once you take away diapers... keep them away. No going back. Pull ups were a joke around here!

Dalene said...

Potty-training can be a roller-coaster.

I have no advice, except to say you are wise to keep seeking all sorts of methods until you find what works for your family.

It sort-of sound like you are enjoying the challenge!!! Good for you!